(VEX IQ Overview)
By the time they reach high school, most students have already decided whether or not they think science and math are “cool”. The world needs more problem-solving leaders, which means that we need more students excited about STEM topics. If students aren’t given the opportunity to learn at an early age how much fun engineering can be, how will they know if it’s something that interests them? VEX IQ is a robotics platform designed to transform the STEM learning paradigm for young students and their teachers (grades 4-8). When students have the ability to jump right in and snap robots together using this intuitive tool-less system, it can unlock a curiosity and a passion that will stay with them for life. 1)
Why Choose VEX IQ
Simple, Flexible, Powerful
- Teams solve exciting robot challenges by driving a robot using a controller and pre-programming it using computer software. Teams work together to score points in Teamwork Matches and also show off their skills in individual Skills Challenges.
- Snap-together game field can be assembled in minutes and re-used in all robot game challenges.
- Toolless robot kit options starting at $249.99, with storage bin and tray included. Kits can be used for multiple seasons.
- Free and affordable programming software options, including Modkit for VEX and ROBOTC for VEX Robotics, are easy to learn.
- Using free computer-aided design (CAD) software, students can design virtual VEX IQ robots and create printable, shareable instructions for them.
- Robotics Engineering Notebook documents the robot design process.